Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Agree
Verb: agree u'gree
- Be in accord; be in agreement
"We agreed on the terms of the settlement"; "I can't agree with you!";
- hold, concur, concord
- Consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something
"She agreed to all my conditions"; "He agreed to leave her alone"
- Be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
"The two stories don't agree in many details";
- match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, marry up, marry
- Go well together
"The colours don't agree";
- harmonize, harmonise [Brit], consort, accord, concord, fit in
- (grammar) show grammatical agreement
"Subjects and verbs must always agree in English"
- Be agreeable or suitable
"White wine doesn't agree with me"
- Achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose
"No two of my colleagues would agree on whom to elect chairman"
Anagrams containing the word agree