Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Awake
Adjective: awake u'weyk
- Not in a state of sleep; completely conscious
"lay awake thinking about his new job"; "still not fully awake"
- Mentally perceptive and responsive
"awake to the dangers of her situation"; "was now awake to the reality of his predicament";
- alert, alive, on the ball
- Stop sleeping
"She awoke to the sound of the alarm clock";
- wake up, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken
- To start, excite or to stir up something
"his talk awoke my interest in the subject"
Anagrams containing the word awake