Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Blaze
Noun: blaze bleyz
- A strong flame that burns brightly
"the blaze spread rapidly";
- A cause of difficulty and suffering
"go to blazes";
- Noisy and unrestrained mischief
- A light within the field of vision that is brighter than the brightness to which the eyes are adapted
"a blaze of sunlight";
- glare, brilliance
- A light-coloured marking
"they chipped off bark to mark the trail with blazes"; "the horse had a blaze between its eyes"
- Shine brightly and intensively
"Meteors blazed across the atmosphere"
- Shoot rapidly and repeatedly
"He blazed away at the men";
- blaze away
- Burn brightly and intensely
"The summer sun alone can cause a pine to blaze"
- Move rapidly and as if blazing
"The spaceship blazed out into space";
- blaze out
- Indicate by marking trees with blazes
"blaze a trail"
Anagrams containing the word blaze