Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Blood
Noun: blood blúd
- The fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped through the body by the heart and contains plasma, blood cells, and platelets
"blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries away waste products"; "the ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions"
- Temperament or disposition
"a person of hot blood"
- The descendants of one individual
- lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock
- People viewed as members of a group
"we need more young blood in this organization"
- [archaic] A dissolute man in fashionable society
- rake, rakehell [archaic], profligate, rip, roué
- Smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill
Anagrams containing the word blood