Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Blunt
Adjective: blunt (blunter,bluntest) blúnt
- Having a broad or rounded end
"thick marks made by a blunt pencil"
- Used of a knife or other blade; not sharp
"a blunt instrument"
- Characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion
"blunt talking and straight shooting"; "a blunt New England farmer";
- candid, forthright, frank, free-spoken, outspoken, plainspoken, point-blank, straight-from-the-shoulder
- Devoid of any qualifications, disguise or adornment
"the blunt truth";
- crude, stark, brute
- Make less intense
- Make numb or insensitive
"The shock blunted her senses";
- numb, benumb, dull
- Make dull or blunt
"Too much cutting blunts the knife's edge";
- Make less sharp
"blunt the knives"
- Make less lively, intense, or vigorous; impair in vigour, force, activity, or sensation
"Terror blunted her feelings";
Anagrams containing the word blunt