Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Boost
Verb: boost boost
- Give a boost to; be beneficial to
"The tax cut will boost the economy"
- Contribute to the progress or growth of
"I am boosting the use of computers in the classroom";
- promote, advance, further, encourage
- Increase or raise
"boost the voltage in an electrical circuit";
- advance, supercharge
- Push or shove upward, as if from below or behind
"The singer had to be boosted onto the stage by a special contraption"
- The act of giving hope or support to someone
- encouragement, fillip
- An increase in cost
"they asked for a 10% boost in rates";
- rise, hike, cost increase
- The act of giving a push
"he gave her a boost over the fence"
Anagrams containing the word boost