Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Cured
Adjective: cured kyûrd
- Freed from illness or injury
"the patient appears cured";
- healed, recovered
- (used of rubber) treated by a chemical or physical process to improve its properties (hardness and strength and odour and elasticity)
- vulcanized, vulcanised [Brit]
- (used of concrete or mortar) kept moist to assist the hardening
- (used of hay e.g.) allowed to dry
- (used especially of meat) cured in brine
- (used of tobacco) undergone the effects of time as a preservative process
- (medicine) provide a cure for, make healthy again
"The treatment cured the boy's acne";
- bring around, heal
- Prepare by drying, salting, or chemical processing in order to preserve
"cure meats"; "cure pickles"; "cure hay"
- Make (substances) hard and improve their usability
"cure resin"; "cure cement"; "cure soap"
- Be or become preserved
"the apricots cure in the sun"
Anagrams containing the word cured