Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Cycle
Noun: cycle sI-kul
- An interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
"the never-ending cycle of the seasons";
- rhythm, round
- A series of poems or songs on the same theme
"Schubert's song cycles"
- A periodically repeated sequence of events
"a cycle of reprisal and retaliation"
- The unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second
- hertz, Hz, cycle per second, cycles/second, cps, cycles per second
- A single complete execution of a periodically repeated phenomenon
"a year constitutes a cycle of the seasons";
- A wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
- bicycle, bike, wheel
- Cause to go through a recurring sequence
"cycle the laundry in this washing program"
- Pass through a cycle
"This machine automatically cycles"
- Ride a motorcycle
- motorbike, motorcycle
- Ride a bicycle
- bicycle, bike, pedal, wheel
- Recur in repeating sequences
- (electronics) turn the power off and back on
"Avoid cycling the device unnecessarily"
Anagrams containing the word cycle