Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Death
Noun: death deth
- The event of dying or departure from life
"her death came as a terrible shock";
- decease, expiry
- The permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism
"the animal died a painful death"
- The absence of life or state of being dead
"he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
- The time when something ends
"it was the death of all his plans";
- dying, demise
- The time at which life ends; continuing until dead
"she stayed until his death";
- A final state
"he came to a bad death";
- end, destruction
- The act of killing
"he had two deaths on his conscience"
- The personification of death
"Death walked the streets of the plague-bound city"
Anagrams containing the word death