Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Debut
Noun: debut 'dey,byoo or di'byoo
- The act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
"they looked forward to the debut of their new product line";
- initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration, first appearance, launching, unveiling, entry
- The presentation of a debutante in society
- (performing arts) present for the first time to the public
"The band debuts a new song or two each month"
- (performing arts) appear for the first time in public
"The new ballet that debuts next months at Covent Garden, is already sold out"
- (performing arts) make one's debut
"This young soprano debuts next month at the Metropolitan Opera"
Anagrams containing the word debut