Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Depth
Noun: depth depth
- The extent downward, backward or inward
"depth of a shelf"; "the depth of the water";
- Degree of psychological or intellectual profundity
- (usually plural) the deepest and most remote part
"from the depths of darkest Africa"; "signals received from the depths of space"
- (usually plural) a low moral state
"he had sunk to the depths of addiction"
- The intellectual ability to penetrate deeply into ideas
- astuteness, profundity, profoundness, deepness
- The attribute or quality of being deep, strong, or intense
"the depth of his breathing"; "the depth of his sighs,"; "the depth of his emotion"
Anagrams containing the word depth