Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Dream
Noun: dream dreem
- A series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep
"I had a dream about you last night";
- Imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake
"he lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality";
- A cherished desire
"his dream is to own his own business";
- ambition, aspiration
- A fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe)
"I have this pipe dream about being emperor of the universe";
- pipe dream
- A state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality
"he went about his work as if in a dream"
- Someone or something wonderful
"this dessert is a dream"
- Have a daydream; indulge in a fantasy
- daydream, woolgather, stargaze
- Experience while sleeping
"She claims to never dream"; "He dreamt a strange scene"
Anagrams containing the word dream