Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Drown
Verb: drown drawn
- Cover completely or make imperceptible
"I was drowned in work"; "The noise drowned out her speech";
- submerge, overwhelm
- Get rid of as if by submerging
"She drowned her trouble in alcohol"
- Die from being submerged in water, getting water into the lungs, and asphyxiating
"The child drowned in the lake"
- Kill by submerging in water
"He drowned the kittens"
- Be covered with or submerged in a liquid
"the meat was drowning in a fatty gravy";
Anagrams containing the word drown