Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Flame
Noun: flame fleym
- The process of combustion of flammable materials; produces heat, light, and (often) smoke
"flame was one of our ancestors' first discoveries";
- fire, flaming
- Visible burning gas, e.g. coming from something on fire
"the flames licked up the walls and engulfed the roof"
- Shine with a sudden light
"The night sky flamed with the massive bombardment";
- Be in flames or aflame
"The sky seemed to flame in the Hawaiian sunset"
- Criticize harshly, usually via an electronic medium
"the person who posted an inflammatory message got flamed"
- Of orange tinged with red
- red-orange, reddish-orange, flame-orange
Anagrams containing the word flame