Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Front
Noun: front frúnt
- The side that is forward or prominent
- front end, forepart
- The line along which opposing armies face each other
- battlefront, front line
- The outward appearance of a person
"he put up a bold front"
- The side that is seen or that goes first
- A person used as a cover for some questionable activity
- front man, figurehead, nominal head, straw man, strawman
- A sphere of activity involving effort
"the Japanese were active last week on the diplomatic front"; "they advertise on many different fronts"
- (meteorology) the atmospheric phenomenon created at the boundary between two different air masses
- The immediate proximity of someone or something
"he was well behaved in front of company";
- The part of something that is nearest to the normal viewer
"he walked to the front of the stage"
- A group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals
"he led the national liberation front";
- movement, social movement
- Relating to or located in the front
"the front lines"; "the front porch"
- Be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to
"The house fronts north";
- look, face
- Confront bodily
"front the storm";
- Lead or be the spokesperson for
Anagrams containing the word front