Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Hives
Noun: hives hIvz
- An itchy skin eruption characterized by weals with pale interiors and well-defined red margins; usually the result of an allergic response to insect bites, food or drugs
- urtication, urticaria, nettle rash
- A teeming multitude
- A man-made receptacle that houses a swarm of bees
- A structure that provides a natural habitation for bees; as in a hollow tree
- Store, like bees
"bees hive honey and pollen"; "He hived lots of information"
- Move together in a hive or as if in a hive
"The bee swarms are hiving"
- Gather into a hive
"The beekeeper hived the swarm"
Anagrams containing the word hives