Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Liver
Noun: liver li-vu(r)
- Large and complicated reddish-brown glandular organ located in the upper right portion of the abdominal cavity; secretes bile and functions in metabolism of protein and carbohydrate and fat; synthesizes substances involved in the clotting of the blood; synthesizes vitamin A; detoxifies poisonous substances and breaks down worn-out erythrocytes
- Liver of an animal used as meat
- A person who has a special life style
"a high liver"
- Someone who lives in a place
"a liver in cities"
- Having a reddish-brown colour
- liver-colored [US], liver-coloured [Brit, Cdn]
- Actually being performed at the time of hearing or viewing
"a live television program"; "brought to you live from Lincoln Center"; "live entertainment involves performers actually in the physical presence of a live audience";
- Exerting force or containing energy
"live coals"; "tossed a live cigarette out the window"; "got a shock from a live wire"; "live ore is unmined ore"; "a live bomb"; "a live ball is one in play"
- Possessing life
"a live canary";
- Highly reverberant
"a live concert hall"
- Charged with an explosive
"live ammunition"; "a live bomb"
- Elastic; rebounds readily
"clean live hair";
- bouncy, lively, resilient, springy
- Abounding with life and energy
"the club members are a really live bunch"
- (printing) in current use or ready for use
"live copy is ready to be set in type or already set but not yet proofread"
- Of current relevance
"a live issue"; "still a live option"
- (electricity) charged or energized with electricity
"a live wire";
- Capable of erupting
"a live volcano";
Anagrams containing the word liver