Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Loop
Verb: loop loop
- Move in loops
"The bicycle looped around the tree"
- Make a loop in
"loop a rope";
- Fly loops, perform a loop
"the stunt pilot looped his plane"
- Wind around something in coils or loops
- coil, curl
- Fasten or join with a loop
"He looped the watch through his belt"
- Fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines
- cringle, eyelet, grommet, grummet
- Anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself)
- (computing) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated
"the solution took hundreds of loops";
- An inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan)
"he's no longer in the loop"
- The basic pattern of the human fingerprint
- A computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied
- The topology of a network whose components are serially connected in such a way that the last component is connected to the first component
- loop topology
- An intrauterine device in the shape of a loop
- A complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates
- closed circuit
- A flight manoeuvre; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
Anagrams containing the word loop