Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Meter
Noun: meter mee-tu(r)
- Any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity
- [US] The basic unit of length adopted under the Système International d'Unités (approximately 1.094 yards)
- metre [Brit, Cdn], m
- [US] (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- metre [Brit, Cdn], measure, beat, cadence
- [US] Rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- metre [Brit, Cdn], time
- Measure with a meter
"meter the flow of water"
- Stamp with a meter indicating the postage
"meter the mail"
Anagrams containing the word meter