Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Quite
Adverb: quite kwIt
- To a degree (not used with a negative)
"quite soon"; "quite ill"; "quite rich"; "quite tasty";
- To the greatest extent; completely
"you're quite right"; "she was quite alone"; "was quite mistaken"; "quite the opposite"; "not quite finished"; "did not quite make it"
- Of an unusually noticeable, exceptional or remarkable kind (not used with a negative)
"her victory was quite something"; "she's quite a girl"; "quite a film"; "we've had quite an afternoon";
- quite a, quite an
- Actually, truly or to an extreme
"was quite a sudden change"; "it's quite the thing to do"; "quite the rage"; "Quite so!"
- Expression of agreement
- I'll say [Brit], quite so
Anagrams containing the word quite