Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Ready
Adjective: ready (readier,readiest) re-dee
- Completely prepared or in condition for immediate action or use or progress
"get ready"; "she is ready to resign"; "the bridge is ready to collapse"; "I am ready to work"; "ready for action"; "ready for use"; "the soup will be ready in a minute"; "ready to learn to read"
- (of especially money) immediately available
"he seems to have ample ready money"; "a ready source of cash"
- Mentally disposed
"he was ready to believe her"
- Made suitable and available for immediate use
"dinner is ready"
- Apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity
"a ready wit";
- Poised for action
"their guns were at the ready"
- (of food) combine or process (e.g. heat) to make ready for eating
- cook, fix, make, prepare
- Make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
"Get the children ready for school!";
- fix, prepare, set up, gear up, set
Anagrams containing the word ready