Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Relay
Verb: relay ri'ley or ree'ley or 'ree,ley
- Pass along
"Please relay the news to the villagers"
- Control or operate by relay
- The act of passing something along from one person or group to another
"the relay was successful"
- A crew of workers who relieve another crew
- A fresh team to relieve weary draft animals
- A race between teams; each member runs or swims part of the distance
- relay race
- Electrical device such that current flowing through it in one circuit can switch on and off a current in a second circuit
- electrical relay
- Lay again
"she relaid the carpet"
Anagrams containing the word relay