Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Sale
Noun: sale seyl
- A particular instance of selling
"he has just made his first sale"; "they had to complete the sale before the banks closed"
- The general activity of selling
"they tried to boost sales"; "laws limit the sale of handguns"
- An occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices
"I got some great bargains at their annual sale"; "they held a sale to reduce their inventory";
- cut-rate sale, sales event
- The state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling
"you'll find vitamin C for sale at most pharmacies"; "the new line of cars will soon be on sale"
- An agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer)
"the salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office";
- sales agreement
Anagrams containing the word sale