Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Scald
Noun: scald skold
- A burn cause by hot liquid or steam
- The act of burning with steam or hot water
- Subject to harsh criticism
"The Senator scalded the administration in his speech on Friday";
- blister, whip
- Treat with boiling water
"scald tomatoes so that they can be peeled"
- Heat to the boiling point
"scald the milk"
- Burn with a hot liquid or steam
"She scalded her hands when she turned on the faucet and hot water came out"
Anagrams containing the word scald