Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Shear
Noun: shear sheer
- (physics) a deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves
"the shear changed the rectangle into a parallelogram"
- A large edge tool that cuts sheet metal by passing a blade through it
- Cut to the desired shape or thickness using shears
- Shave the wool from
- Cut or cut through with shears
"shear the wool off the lamb"
- (physics) become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
Anagrams containing the word shear