Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Sheet
Noun: sheet sheet
- Any broad thin expanse or surface
"a sheet of ice"
- Paper used for writing or printing
- piece of paper, sheet of paper
- Bed linen consisting of a large rectangular piece of cotton or linen cloth; used in pairs
- bed sheet
- (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape
"we will refer to the sheet of the graph as the X-Y plane";
- Newspaper with half-size pages
- tabloid, rag
- A flat artifact that is thin relative to its length and width
- flat solid
- (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- tack, mainsheet, weather sheet, shroud
- A large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- sail, canvas, canvass
- Come down as if in sheets
"The rain was sheeting down during the monsoon"
- Cover with a sheet, as if by wrapping
"sheet the body"
Anagrams containing the word sheet