Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Slate
Noun: slate sleyt
- A fine-grained metamorphic rock that can be split into thin layers
- (formerly) a writing tablet made of slate
- Thin layers of rock used for roofing
- [N. Amer] A list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
- ticket [N. Amer]
- A bluish-grey colour
- [N. Amer] Designate or schedule
"He slated his talk for 9 AM"; "She was slated to be his successor"
- [N. Amer] Enter on a list or slate for an election
"He was slated for borough president"
- Cover with slate
"slate the roof"
- [Brit] Strongly criticize
"she was slated for being fat"
Anagrams containing the word slate