Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Slops
Noun: slops slóps
- Wet feed (especially for pigs) consisting of mostly kitchen waste mixed with water, skimmed or sour milk
- slop, swill, pigswill, pigwash
- [Brit, archaic] Cheap clothing (as formerly issued to sailors in Britain)
- Deep soft mud in water or slush
"they waded through the slop";
- (usually plural) waste water from a kitchen, bathroom or chamber pot that has to be emptied by hand
"she carried out the sink slops"
- (usually plural) weak or watery unappetizing food or drink
"he lived on the thin slops that food kitchens provided"
- Writing or music that is excessively sweet and sentimental
- treacle, mush, glop [N. Amer]
- Cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container
"slop the milk";
- spill, splatter
- Walk through mud or mire
"We had to slop across the wet meadow";
- squelch, squish, splash, splosh, slosh
- Ladle clumsily
"slop the food onto the plate"
- Feed pigs
Anagrams containing the word slops