Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Space
Noun: space speys
- The unlimited expanse in which everything is located
"they tested his ability to locate objects in space";
- An empty area (usually bounded in some way between things)
"the architect left space in front of the building"; "they stopped at an open space in the jungle"; "the space between his teeth"
- An area reserved for some particular purpose
"the laboratory's floor space"
- Any location outside the Earth's atmosphere
"the astronauts walked in outer space without a tether"; "the first major milestone in space exploration was in 1957, when the USSR's Sputnik 1 orbited the Earth";
- outer space
- A blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing
"he said the space is the most important character in the alphabet";
- The interval between two times
"it all happened in the space of 10 minutes";
- A blank area
"write your name in the space provided";
- blank space, place
- One of the areas between, below or above the lines of a musical staff
"the spaces are the notes F-A-C-E"
- (printing) a block of type without a raised letter; used for spacing between words or sentences
- Personal time and freedom to think or be oneself
- (mathematics) a set or collection of sets where the members have certain properties in common
- Place at intervals
"Space the interviews so that you have some time between the different candidates"
Anagrams containing the word space