Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Staff
Noun: staff stãf
- Personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task
"the hospital has an excellent nursing staff"; "the general relied on his staff to make routine decisions"
- A strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose
"he walked with the help of a wooden staff"
- The body of teachers and administrators at a school
"the dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university";
- faculty [N. Amer]
- Building material consisting of plaster and hair; used to cover external surfaces of temporary structure (as at an exposition) or for decoration
- A rod carried as a symbol
- (music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
- Provide with staff
"This position is not always staffed"
- Serve on the staff of
"The two men staff the reception desk"
Anagrams containing the word staff