Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Steam
Noun: steam steem
- Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere
- Enough activity to continue going; capacity for further growth
"the campaign is gaining steam";
- (figurative) pent-up anger
"he went outside to blow off some steam"
- Travel by means of steam power
"The ship steamed off into the Pacific";
- Emit steam
"The rain forest was literally steaming"
- Rise as vapour
- Get very angry
"her indifference to his amorous advances really steamed the young man"
- Clean by means of steaming
"steam-clean the upholstered sofa";
- steam clean
- (cooking) cook something by letting steam pass over it
"just steam the vegetables"
Anagrams containing the word steam