Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Steep
Adjective: steep (steeper,steepest) steep
- Having a sharp inclination
"the steep attic stairs"; "steep cliffs"
- Greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation
- exorbitant, extortionate, outrageous, unconscionable, usurious, exhorbitant
- Of a slope; set at a high angle
"note the steep incline"; "a steep roof sheds snow"
- Devote (oneself) fully to
"He steeped himself into his studies";
- immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up
- Let sit in a liquid to extract a flavour or to cleanse
"steep the fruit in alcohol";
- A steep place (as on a hill)
Anagrams containing the word steep