Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Stuck
Adjective: stuck stúk
- Caught or fixed
"stuck in the mud"
"this problem has me completely stuck"
- Put, fix, force, or implant
"stick your thumb in the crack";
- lodge, wedge, deposit
- Remain visiting, living in or positioned at (a certain place) rather than moving
"Stick around and you will learn something!";
- stay, stick around, stay put
- Remain stuck to; keep in place
"Will this wallpaper stick to the wall?";
- adhere, hold fast, bond, bind, stick to
- Be or become fixed
"The door sticks--we will have to plane it"
"The label stuck to her for the rest of her life"
- Be a devoted follower or supporter
"She sticks to her principles";
- Be loyal to
"The friends stuck together through the war"; "She stuck by her husband in times of trouble";
- stand by, stick by, adhere
- Cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface
"stick some feathers in the turkey before you serve it"
- Fasten with an adhesive material like glue
"stick the poster onto the wall"
- Fasten with or as with pins or nails
"stick the photo onto the corkboard"
- Fasten into place by fixing an end or point into something
"stick the corner of the sheet under the mattress"
- Pierce with a thrust using a pointed instrument
"he stuck the cloth with the needle"
- Pierce, penetrate or puncture with something pointed
"He stuck the needle into his finger"
- Come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation
"The label stuck to the box";
- cling, cleave, adhere, cohere
- Saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous
"They stuck me with the dinner bill";
- Be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly
"This question really stuck me";
- confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate, perplex, vex, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, dumbfound
Anagrams containing the word stuck