Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Stuff
Noun: stuff stúf
- The tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
"wheat is the stuff they use to make bread";
- Miscellaneous unspecified objects
"the trunk was full of stuff"
- Informal term for personal possessions
"did you take all your stuff?";
- clobber [Brit]
- Senseless talk
"don't give me that stuff";
- stuff and nonsense, hooey [N. Amer], poppycock, bollocks [Brit]
- Unspecified qualities required to do or be something
"the stuff of heros"; "you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine"
- Information in some unspecified form
"it was stuff I had heard before"; "there's good stuff in that book"
- A critically important or characteristic component
"suspense is the very stuff of narrative"
- Cram into a cavity
"The child stuffed candy into his pockets"
- Press or force
"Stuff money into an envelope";
- thrust, shove, squeeze
"My nose is all stuffed";
- lug, choke up, block
- Overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
"She stuffed herself at the dinner";
- gorge, ingurgitate, overindulge, glut, englut, engorge, overgorge, overeat, gormandize, gormandise [Brit], gourmandize, binge, pig out, satiate, scarf out, gourmandise [Brit]
- Treat with grease, fill, and prepare for mounting
"stuff a bearskin"
- Fill tightly with a material
"stuff a pillow with feathers"
- (cooking) fill with a stuffing while cooking
"Have you stuffed the turkey yet?";
Anagrams containing the word stuff