Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Style
Noun: style stI(-u)l
- How something is done or how it happens
"in the characteristic New York style";
- manner, mode, way, fashion
- (music) a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period
"all the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper";
- expressive style
- A particular kind (as to appearance)
"this style of shoe is in demand"
- The popular taste at a given time
"the 1920s had a style of their own";
- vogue, trend
- (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma
- Editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display
- Distinctive and stylish elegance
"he wooed her with the confident style of a cavalry officer";
- dash, elan, flair, panache, élan
- A pointed tool for writing, drawing or engraving
"he drew the design on the stencil with a steel style";
- A slender bristlelike or tubular process
"a cartilaginous style"
- Designate by an identifying term
"They styled their nation 'The Confederate States'";
- (fashion) make consistent with a certain fashion or style
"Style my hair"; "style the dress"
- Make consistent with certain rules of style
"style a manuscript"
Anagrams containing the word style