Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Tenor
Noun: tenor te-nu(r)
- The adult male singing voice above baritone
- tenor voice
- The pitch range of the highest male voice
- An adult male with a tenor voice
- A settled, prevailing or habitual course of a person's life
"nothing disturbed the even tenor of her ways"
- The general meaning or substance of an utterance
"although I disagreed with him I could follow the tenor of his argument";
- (of a musical instrument) intermediate between alto and baritone or bass
"a tenor sax"
- Of or close in range to the highest natural adult male voice
Anagrams containing the word tenor