Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Terms
Noun: terms turmz
- Status with respect to the relations between people or groups
"on good terms with her in-laws";
- The amount of money needed to purchase something
"he got his new car on excellent terms";
- price, damage
- A word or expression used for some particular thing
"he learned many medical terms"
- A limited period of time
"a prison term"; "he left school before the end of term"
- (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement
"the terms of the treaty were generous";
- One of two or more parts of an academic year during which students attend classes or lectures
- Any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial
"the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree"
- One of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition
"the major term of a syllogism must occur twice"
- The end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent
"a healthy baby born at full term";
- full term
- (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
- terminus, terminal figure
- Name formally or designate with a term
Anagrams containing the word terms