Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Times
Noun: times tImz
- A more or less definite period of time now or previously present
"it was a sign of the times"
- An arithmetic operation that is the inverse of division; the product of two numbers is computed
"four times three equals twelve";
- An instance or single occasion for some event
"this time he succeeded"; "he called four times";
- A period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
"take time to smell the roses"; "I didn't have time to finish"; "it took more than half my time"
- An indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities)
"he waited a long time"; "the time of year for planting"; "he was a great actor in his time"
- A suitable moment
"it is time to go"
- The continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
- A person's experience on a particular occasion
"he had a time holding back the tears"; "they had a good time together"
- A reading of a point in time as given by a clock
"do you know what time it is?"; "the time is 10 o'clock";
- clock time
- The fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
- fourth dimension
- Rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- meter [US], metre [Brit, Cdn]
- The period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
"he is doing time in the county jail";
- prison term, sentence
- Measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time
"he timed the runners";
- Assign a time for an activity or event
"The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
- Set the speed, duration, or execution of
"we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
- Regulate or set the time of
"time the clock"
- Adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time
"The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
Anagrams containing the word times