Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Toned
Adjective: toned townd
- Having or characterized or distinguished by tone or a specific tone; often used in combination
"full-toned"; "shrill-toned"; "deep-toned"
- Having or distinguished by a tone; often used in combination
- Utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically
"The students toned the same slogan over and over again";
- chant, intone
- Vary the pitch of one's speech
- inflect, modulate
- Change the colour or tone of
"tone a negative"
- Change to a colour image
"tone a photographic image"
- Give a healthy elasticity to
"Let's tone our muscles";
- tone up, strengthen
Anagrams containing the word toned