Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Troll
Noun: troll trówl
- (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
- A partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time
"they enjoyed singing trolls";
- A fisherman's lure that is used in trolling
"he used a spinner as his troll"
- Angling by drawing a baited line through the water
- Circulate, move around
- Cause to move round and round
"The child trolled her hoop"
- (music) sing the parts of (a round) in succession
- Angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
- Sing loudly and without inhibition
- Praise or celebrate in song
"All tongues shall troll you"
- Speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice
Anagrams containing the word troll