Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Tying
Noun: tying tI-ing
- The act of tying or binding things together
"the tying of bow ties is an art; the untying is easy";
- Fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord
"They tied their victim to the chair";
- Finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.
"The teams drew a tie";
- Limit or restrict to
"I am tied to UNIX"; "These big jets are tied to large airports"
- Connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
"Tie the ropes together";
- connect, link, link up
- Form a knot or bow in
"tie a necktie"
- Create social or emotional ties
- bind, attach, bond
- Perform a marriage ceremony
- marry, wed, splice
- Make by tying pieces together
"The fishermen tied their flies"
- Unite musical notes by a tie
Anagrams containing the word tying