Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Under
Preposition: under ún-du(r)
- At a position directly lower than (with the subject just above)
"the floor under the table";
- neath [archaic], beneath, below, underneath
- Located below or beneath something else
"the under parts of a machine";
- Lower in rank, power, or authority
"an under secretary"
- Down to defeat, death, or ruin
"their competitors went under"
- Through a range downward
"children six and under will be admitted free"
- Into unconsciousness
"this will put the patient under"
- In or into a state of subordination or subjugation
"we must keep our disappointment under"
- Below some quantity or limit
"fifty dollars or under"
- Below the horizon
"the sun went under"
- Down below
"get under quickly!"
- Further down
"see under for further discussion";
- Under, lower, below, secondary, inferior
Anagrams containing the word under