Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Value
Noun: value val-yoo
- A numerical quantity measured, assigned or computed
"the value assigned was 16 milliseconds"
- The quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
"the Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world"
- The amount (of money, goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else
"he tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices";
- economic value
- Relative darkness or lightness of a colour
"I establish the colours and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light"
- (music) the relative duration of a musical note
- time value, note value
- An ideal accepted by some individual or group
"he has old-fashioned values"
- Fix or determine the value of; assign a value to
"value the jewellery and art work in the estate"
- Hold dear
"I value these old photographs";
- prize, treasure, appreciate
- Regard highly; think much of
"I value his judgement";
- respect, esteem, prize
- Estimate or determine the nature, value, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
"I will have the family jewels valued by a professional";
- measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, scope
- Evalulate how important or likely something is
"How would you value his chances to become President?";
Anagrams containing the word value