Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Raid
Verb: raid reyd
- Search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on
"The police raided the crack house";
- Enter someone else's territory and take spoils
"The pirates raided the coastal villages regularly";
- foray into
- Take over (a company) by buying a controlling interest of its stock
"T. Boone Pickens raided many large companies"
- Search for something needed or desired
"Our babysitter raided our refrigerator"
- A sudden short attack
- foray, maraud
- An attempt by speculators to defraud investors
Anagrams containing the word raid