Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Apart
Adverb: apart u'paa(r)t
- Separated or at a distance in place or position or time
"These towns are many miles apart"; "stood with his legs apart"; "born two years apart"
- Not taken into account or excluded from consideration
"these problems apart, the country is doing well";
- Away from another or others
"they grew apart over the years"; "kept apart from the group out of shyness"; "decided to live apart"
- Placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose
"had a feeling of being set apart"; "quality sets it apart";
- One from the other
"people can't tell the twins apart"
- Into parts or pieces
"he took his father's watch apart"; "split apart";
- Remote and separate physically or socially
"existed over the centuries as a world apart"; "preserved because they inhabited a place apart";
- isolated, obscure
- Having characteristics not shared by others
"scientists felt they were a group apart"
Anagrams containing the word apart