Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Basin
Noun: basin bey-sun
- A bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids
"she mixed the dough in a large basin"
- The quantity that a basin will hold
"a basin of water";
- A natural depression in the surface of the land often with a lake at the bottom of it
"the basin of the Great Salt Lake"
- The entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet
"flood control in the Missouri basin";
- river basin, watershed, drainage basin, catchment area, catchment basin, drainage area
- A bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face
"he ran some water in the basin and splashed it on his face";
- washbasin, washbowl, washstand, lavatory
Anagrams containing the word basin