Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Brief
Adjective: brief (briefer,briefest) breef
- Of short duration or distance
"a brief stay in the country"
- Concise and succinct
"covered the matter in a brief statement"
- (of clothing) very short
"a brief bikini";
- (law) a document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
- legal brief
- A condensed written summary or abstract
- The topic that a person, committee, or piece of research is expected to deal with or has authority to deal with
"they set up a group with a brief to suggest ways for strengthening family life";
- remit, responsibility
- Give essential information to someone
"The reporters were briefed about the President's plan to invade"
Anagrams containing the word brief