Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Brush
Verb: brush brúsh
- Rub with a brush, or as if with a brush
"Johnson brushed the hairs from his jacket"
- Touch lightly and briefly
"He brushed the wall lightly"
- Clean with a brush
"She brushed the suit before hanging it back into the closet"
- Move across a surface or touching a surface
"Her long skirt brushed the floor";
- Remove with or as if with a brush
"brush away the crumbs"; "brush the dust from the jacket"; "brush aside the objections"
- Cover by brushing
"brush the bread with melted butter"
- A dense growth of bushes
- brushwood, coppice, copse, thicket
- An implement that has hairs or bristles firmly set into a handle
- Momentary contact
- light touch
- A spring-loaded electrical contact between the stationary and rotating parts of a machine
- A bushy tail or part of a bushy tail (especially of the fox)
- A minor short-term fight
- clash, encounter, skirmish
- The act of brushing your teeth
"the dentist recommended two brushes a day";
- The act of brushing your hair
"he gave his hair a quick brush";
- Contact with something dangerous or undesirable
"I had a brush with danger on my way to work"; "he tried to avoid any brushes with the police"
Anagrams containing the word brush