Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Dance
Verb: dance dãn(t)s
- (dancing) move in a pattern; usually to musical accompaniment; do or perform a dance
"My husband and I like to dance at home to the radio";
- trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- Move in a graceful and rhythmical way
"The young girl danced into the room"
- Skip, leap, or move up and down or sideways
"Dancing flames"; "The children danced with joy"
- Taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
- dancing, terpsichore, saltation
- The art of dancing
- A party of people assembled for dancing
- A party for social dancing
Anagrams containing the word dance