Words starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
Definition of Drain
Verb: drain dreyn
- Flow off gradually
"The rain water drains into this big vat";
- run out
- Deplete of resources
"The exercise class drains me of energy"
- Empty of liquid; drain the liquid from
"We drained the oil tank"
- Make weak
"Life in the camp drained him";
- enfeeble, debilitate
- Emptying something accomplished by allowing liquid to run out of it
- (surgery) tube inserted into a body cavity (as during surgery) to remove unwanted material
- A pipe through which liquid is carried away
"we had to call a plumber to clear out the blockage in the drain";
- drainpipe, waste pipe
- A gradual depletion of energy or resources
"a drain on resources"; "a drain of young talent by emigration"
Anagrams containing the word drain